Monday, July 5, 2010

Attack of the pikas!

I went up to Truckee for part of 4th of July weekend to hang out with my good friends Jill and Melissa. We went for a hike up by Barker Pass and were actually able to get away from the crowds. It was a nice hike and we found a pika at the top! They are super cute. Someday maybe they will take over the world, and everyone will let them because they are so cute.

Still a bunch of snow on the trail and in the mountains. I apologize for the wacky blue-ness of the first photo…my camera (phone actually) was set to some weird blue mode and I didn’t realize it until later. But, Tahoe is quite blue as it is, and so is the sky, so it may not be too much of a stretch…of course my friends are not smurfs.

I spent the rest of the weekend in South Lake with my crew we packed some Lake Tahoe time, a BBQ with excellent food, and fireworks with mobs of people into the 4th. Good times. Gonna miss that beautiful lake. Only a week left of work here.

Jill's photos are always better... :-)





No comments: