Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Back home in Delaware for the holidays.  I am now Noah's Godmother (check out the shnazzy white suit in the first pic from his Baptism) and was there to see him open presents on his first Christmas.  I'll also be around for his first birthday on Jan. 5th.  Hes a very active little man. He laughs hysterically and curls into a ball on the floor when you say "I'm gonna get you!" and crawl after him.  He likes it when I share my banana with him--and makes yumm sounds when he likes any food.  And walking seems to be his main mode of transportation now. 






My parents and I went for a hike in White Clay Creek (sort of a tradition) -- it was snowing but not really sticking to the ground.  Here are our Christmas Bird Count results:

Chickadee (11), Tufted Titmouse (5), N. Cardinal (4), Am. Crow (2), Turkey Vulture (2), Belted Kingfisher (1), E. Bluebird (12), Pileated Woodpecker (1), Mallard (10), Great Blue Heron (1), Canada Goose (4), Am. Goldfinch (4), Golden-crowned Kinglet (1), Carolina Wren (1), Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (1), Downy Woo...dpecker (1), White-breasted Nuthatch (2), White-throated Sparrow (5), Red-bellied Woodpecker (2)

Merry Christmas everyone!


1 comment:

anw said...

Happy Holidays!!!