Saturday, September 10, 2011

Great Falls Park

Back in DC but been busy. Started work at USGS a month ago now (hard to believe!). And between earthquakes and hurricanes and waterbird surveys in Virginia, I haven't had much time for sightseeing or blogging. But I'll try to get back to it.

I finally made it out to Great Falls Park in Virginia today. After about a week of rain, you can imagine the falls were quite impressive. I did not make it to the Billy Goat trail like I had originally intended, so I’ll just save that for another day when I have more time. I just hiked along the River Trail—a bit muddy but still fun. Being the first sunny day in a long time (and a Saturday) there were mobs of people taking photos of the falls (or maybe its always like that?) -- so I just kept heading down the trail where it was a bit more secluded. With heightened 9/11 security (I assume) there were also men in black suits wandering around, choppers flying over, and a few police cars.





No comments: