Sunday, August 24, 2008

Home Sweat Home

Yes, I spelled that wrong on purpose. Its humid here. I never realized how much I hated humidity until I moved to Truckee 3 years ago. And then, I decided to live in Texas for 9 months out of the year. My candy jar has melted chocolate in it. Its taking me a week to unload my car because I need to take a shower after I walk 20 ft outside. Delaware was humid too, so I should be used to it, but not so much anymore. And, this heat + humidity will probably last until November. Ick.

So, I had a good two day "break" and visited some National Parks. But now I'm back to classes and TAing and trying to figure out what to do with the data I collected this summer. I have to re-write my proposal by December, and come up with some kind of presentation for the Texas Chap meeting in Feb. Fun stuff. Sometimes I wonder why I'm back in school when I really don't like it all that much. And other times I think I'll go on for my PhD. Who knows.

I visited Petco yesterday and signed up to foster kittens for the Brazos Feral Cat Allies. They are trying to fight the feral cat overpopulation problem by finding them, trapping them, spaying/neutering them, and re-releasing them. The re-release is the bad part, since cats do a lot of damage to bird populations outdoors. But, at least they are trying something. And all kittens that are found go to foster homes and are eventually adopted out, instead of just killed. So I'll be getting two little buddies tomorrow night. I know, I know, everyone says I won't want to give them up and I'll cry like a baby. But, I think I can handle it, and its a better situation for me, because I really can't have a permanent pet right now, since I still have the travel bug.

1 comment:

anw said...

I'm so excited for kittens!!! And you don't even have to come up with names for them, right? Also like the new blog layout. Fancy Schmancy.