Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flycatching Update

In about 2 months I'll be headed to Truckee, CA for my final field season of willow flycatcher work. I've hired 7 techs, and I am hoping for a great season working with them. It wil be my 5th summer in the Sierras, and its a little sad to think its the last, but its also exciting to get to move on to something new in a year or so.

I presented at the Texas Chapter TWS meeting last weekend. Those meetings are quite entertaining--if you hang out with the right cowboys. Texas is such an odd place, but of course it's finally started to grow on me. There was a conversation in the van on the way home about me and Melissa buying some boots befor we leave. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth. Of course, actually buying them is another story.

Everyone in my lab is headed out into the field already, which means I'll start getting lonely and wanting to run off into the field with them. So, here are some cute pictures from the field, just as a reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing. The first two of these are Constanzas photos.

3 comments:

anw said...

What about puerto rican flycatchers? Are they cool enough for you?

Lisa said...

of course. i love all birds.

Johnny Nutcase said...

cowboy boots. i own a pair. they even have a small heel (oh my god!) . i wear them. but i'm from Nashville so i have a good excuse.