Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hello Puerto Rico

Spent my first night in old San Juan, then we headed to El Yunque National Forest (rain forest). Of course it is very beautiful here, and its nice to see mountains again! And I don't remember very much Spanish from 7th and 8th grade. I'm not feeling too creative tonight--so here's the days birdie list (new species for me, not all seen).

Bananaquit
Red-legged Thrush
Black-whiskered Vireo
Greater Antillean Oriole
Greater Antillean Grackle
Puerto Rican Tody
Puerto Rican Lizard-Cuckoo
Ruddy Quail-dove
Zenaida Dove
Gray Kingbird

Oh, and Amber swung on a vine and crashed into a tree (caught on video so stay tuned), and made me laugh so hard I cried. I have no idea why it was so funny, but it was. And I think it was the first time I've laughed so hard in a very long time. So I'm very happy to be here visiting my bestest Amber, and laughing at her. Er, with her.

Tomorrow I'll be out in the field...and hope to see some of these birds in the hand, and help Amber find some nests!

No comments: