Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings...

Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. – John Muir

I could certainly use some freshness, energy, and a loss of worries…let’s hope this works.

I now know why everyone makes such a big deal about the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I hiked the short (1.6 mi one way) Mount Pemigewasset trail to an incredible view of the Franconia Notch area. The fall colors were amazing and my camera really didn’t do a very good job of capturing the moment. But here is a picture at the top anyway…


I also visited one of Robert Frost's houses. Believe me...if my house had view like that I would be a great writer as well. Hehe.

1 comment:

Johnny Nutcase said...

them there leaves are awesome!