Monday, October 4, 2010

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. - Lao Tzu

Things in Delaware have gotten a little bit…stale. The job hunt is endless and frustrating. Most of my friends are far far away. I miss having my own apartment. My stuff is in Texas. Blah blah blah…

So I decided to take a road trip. Just me, my faithful companion the Honda Fit, and a box of cheerios. Honey nut.

I’ve been planning on a New England trip for a while—and fall is the best time to do it. So I headed out (after a nice visit with Kiri in Newark) early on Sunday and headed straight for Vermont.

The green mountains were quite nice. I stopped in a nice little area with a pond, hiked around a little, and slept in my car in a free (FREE!) campground. Maybe I was in the wrong area…but the Southern Green Mountains were not exactly full of recreational hot spots. No signs for trailheads and even campgrounds were rare. Probably poor planning on my part. But oh well, it was still pretty, and on to New Hampshire!


No comments: