Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Natural Order

Cabo Blanco, Costa Rica, 2005


Oh all the little birdies in the tree, they wake up singing happy songs.
The squirrels go up and down their so busy running around, seem to know that they belong.

All the veggies in the garden and the trees in the yard, they all grow in the same direction. And I never met a flower who denied the higher power, that was going to shine on everyone.

Me, I ain't been no morning glory, I have lived another story. I’ve been afraid to get out of my bed. When the daylight rolled around, you’d find me hiding underground, paralyzed by fear and dread.

Why would I wake up and try to resist the morning that can only totally inevitably be? I want to open my eyes and give thanks to the dawning singing “bring it on”! I believe, I am home, I’m getting over to my place in the natural order of things.

I was talking to my brother about the things that give us trouble, oh, you know we both get awful blue. The thing I saw we had in common was this kind of faith, this belonging, had us running round wondering what we’re here to do.

Oh trying to go this thing alone is like trying to eat a mountain, its like trying to swallow the sea. Its like waking in the morning not believing you belong here. You’ve got nothing to give or to receive.

Hey, bring back my faith! It is a roof and a structure -- to this tree of life upon which we all thrive. I see spirit as to the land as is to the left or the right hand. The same body different sites. Why would we make it up that we don’t belong here when we can only totally inseparably be?

I want to open my eyes and giving thanks to the dawning singing “bring it on”! I believe I am home, I’m getting over to my place in the natural order of things.
I’m getting over to my place in the natural order of things.

Lyrics from "Natural Order" by Mamuse

No comments: